Selecting a diamond for an engagement ring can feel very overwhelming. With all the different cuts and qualities, how does one choose? Here’s a simple guide to defining the top diamond shapes:
- · Round: Probably the most popular shape and provides excellent reflection of light.
- · Princess Cut: The most popular of the “fancy” shapes, it works well with almost every style of ring.
- · Oval: This shape offers similar brilliance the round shapes, and also creates the illusion of looking larger.
- · Marquise: A football shaped diamond that has a round center with tapered ends. Similar to oval shapes, it maximizes perceived size.
- · Pear: Just like the fruit, this shape is round at one end and tapers on the other.
Visit a trusted jeweler such as IMG Jewelers to help you select the best diamond for your engagement ring.